Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Prayer Journal: Psalm 51:1-4,10-12

I recently shared a prayer journal entry I did here, but I want to continue sharing them from time to time. This prayer is guided by Psalm 51: 1-4, 10-12. The Scripture is in quotations/italics, my response is in regular font.

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight; so you are right in your verdict and justified when you judge."

Lord, You know the ugliest parts of me- I am a sinful person who needs cleansing. When I choose harsh words, gossip, bitterness, selfishness, etc, I am sinning against You. That is me declaring that my will is more important that Yours. I need to be cleansed by You---because only You are capable of doing it. Condemnation and a guilty verdict are absolutely justified when you judge my heart and life, but I thank You that through Your Son, You cleanse me and draw me near to You.

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me."

Lord, please create in me a pure heart as only you can do. Cleanse me so that I may experience MORE of you. I long for Your presence in my life.


When we take time to meet with the Lord, He eagerly meets with us. Even when I think I am completely unlovable or have sins to big to forgive, He meets me where I'm at and declares that I am loved and forgiven. I pray that Your heart would be open to receiving that love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment