Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Picture I Paint


I never want the picture that I paint of myself to look perfect.

Most of the questions I am asked regarding the Bible, life, or anything else regarding more "serious" topics are typically answered with the response of "I don't know."

Most of my blog posts (minus meal planning and silly posts) are about things I am nowhere near mastering or perfecting.

Most of my days are spent messing up- I say things I shouldn't, I act selfishly, and I spend a lot of time focusing on things that don't matter.

Most of my quiet times are spent in awe of all that I have been (and continue to be) forgiven from. Life is messy, and I often add to the chaos.

I want my painting to look like that. I want my life to be a reflection of Christ and His perfection-not mine, I am far from it. If I could paint a picture of my life, it would have some really dark colors. It wouldn't make sense and it wouldn't be easily interpreted. In the midst of it, though, there would be a light that would make it all come together and look beautiful.

That's what Christ can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment