Thursday, February 5, 2015

5 Ridiculous Things That Make Me Feel Helpless

I often encounter (ridiculous) situations in which I feel helpless. Here are a few of them.

1) Opening a jar. You'd think after all of these years, they would make it a little easier. If my husband is away for any reason, forget it. I stick with boxes or cans (or, you know, peels because I'm so healthy and ONLY eat the freshest of fruits and veggies 100% of the time ;)).

2) Getting a piece of silverware stuck in the disposal. This happened to me just last week. It was pretty terrifying. First, I hear the awful "gurgle gurgle" of my disposal attempting to rip apart my spoon. Then, I try to pull out said spoon. No budging. I then Google search something like "how to get silverware out of the disposal." No help. Then, I realize pliers are a pretty handy tool that may do the job. They do. Although I found a solution, this hour of my life was spent pacing, freaking out, and searching my couches for pennies and dimes to pay for a new disposal. (My husband just happened to be away for work related reasons that night). Moral of the story: GETTING SILVERWARE STUCK IN THE DISPOSAL IS SCARY, BUT PLIERS WILL HELP GET IT OUT!

3) Losing my keys. I lose my keys about once a week. I don't know how or why, but it happens. And I tear up my house looking for them. 

4) Taking a picture with my husband. I'm serious. I need help with this one. Everyone knows that it takes at least 10-15 pictures to find one you like. Well, he will purposely make faces like these:


I now have to bribe him with "if you take two good pictures, you will not have to take another one for the rest of the night."

5) Attempting to lift weights at the gym. Seriously, I have NO IDEA what I am doing.



Okay, so I've only listed five different things, but I assure you, the craziness does not stop there. Hopefully this list helps you feel better about your life, but if you happen to have some of the same struggles as me, we can get through them together. 

Love, 
Kelsey

(This was inspired by Mama Kat's writing prompt)

9 comments:

  1. I hate silver getting stuck in the garbage disposal, too. Then I found a little mesh-screen insert for 99 cents at Kmart that fitsover the garbage disposal hole to keep that from happening. best investment I ever made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What!! I will have to invest in one of those! Genius!!!! Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I can certainly relate with a few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband has a bad habit of making faces for photos so instead of fighting him, I just go ahead and join him. We're just gonna have to look stupid together. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to start taking that approach...

      Delete
  4. The losing of the keys thing is the story of my life. It is so annoying to me. I have a hook at home, but I don't live at home during the week. So I'm usually scrambling in the morning, desperate to remember where in the heck I put them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Maybe having a hook would help me....one time my keys ended up between my headboard and my mattress. It took a good couple of weeks to find them.

      Delete
  5. My husband makes faces all the time when I try to take his picture. 9 out of 10 pictures are ridiculous and I'm like, "you realize if you die this is all our kids will have right? Knock it off!" Every once in awhile I'll get a gem. :)

    ReplyDelete