I often encounter (ridiculous) situations in which I feel helpless. Here are a few of them.
1) Opening a jar. You'd think after all of these years, they would make it a little easier. If my husband is away for any reason, forget it. I stick with boxes or cans (or, you know, peels because I'm so healthy and ONLY eat the freshest of fruits and veggies 100% of the time ;)).
2) Getting a piece of silverware stuck in the disposal. This happened to me just last week. It was pretty terrifying. First, I hear the awful "gurgle gurgle" of my disposal attempting to rip apart my spoon. Then, I try to pull out said spoon. No budging. I then Google search something like "how to get silverware out of the disposal." No help. Then, I realize pliers are a pretty handy tool that may do the job. They do. Although I found a solution, this hour of my life was spent pacing, freaking out, and searching my couches for pennies and dimes to pay for a new disposal. (My husband just happened to be away for work related reasons that night). Moral of the story: GETTING SILVERWARE STUCK IN THE DISPOSAL IS SCARY, BUT PLIERS WILL HELP GET IT OUT!
3) Losing my keys. I lose my keys about once a week. I don't know how or why, but it happens. And I tear up my house looking for them.
4) Taking a picture with my husband. I'm serious. I need help with this one. Everyone knows that it takes at least 10-15 pictures to find one you like. Well, he will purposely make faces like these:
5) Attempting to lift weights at the gym. Seriously, I have NO IDEA what I am doing.
Okay, so I've only listed five different things, but I assure you, the craziness does not stop there. Hopefully this list helps you feel better about your life, but if you happen to have some of the same struggles as me, we can get through them together.
(This was inspired by Mama Kat's writing prompt)