Monday, January 19, 2015

Our Meal Plan! (4)

I find a lot of chicken recipes, so I try to spread them out throughout the week. If you have any cleaner beef/pork/turkey/vegetarian/vegan recipes, please send them my way!

The meals I plan to make this week:

Meal One: Chicken Lime Soup I will probably make this the night before we eat it and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight so that the flavors mix together well. 

Meal Two: Spinach and Bean Burritos I made this a couple of weeks ago, but this recipe is cheap and easy to make. This time, we are going to make quinoa instead of rice.

Meal Three: Almond Crusted Chicken We make this one fairly often because it is really yummy and quick and easy to make. I like to play around with the spices I put on the chicken, so every time it tastes a little different too. :) I normally just pair it with a salad or vegetable.

Meal Four: Buffalo Wing Turkey Lettuce Wraps We haven't tried this yet, but we love buffalo anything, so I have a feeling they will be good. Since the lettuce replaces a bun, I may make these Oven Baked Potato Wedges as a side. Alex made these a few months ago and not only did we really like them, but they reheated really well. 

This week for lunch, I am going to portion out salads/veggies to eat. I will probably only do 4 total (2 for me/2 for Alex) because I am anticipating having leftovers from most of these meals.

LAST WEEK:

For breakfast every morning, I juggled between a smoothie, glass of water, and cup of coffee. I literally had all three sitting in front of me at the same time. It was interesting. I also ate either a blueberry bagel with cream cheese mixed with Greek yogurt (I found it at the store already mixed and was pretty excited) or a bowl of shredded mini wheat's cereal with almond milk. My smoothie consisted of frozen peaches and mango mixed with orange juice. Here's a picture of my smoothie in a mason jar with my name on it:



For lunch, I did make the tortellini pepperoni pasta salad, but I used turkey pepperoni instead of regular. It was pretty good and Alex and I both got 2 lunches out of it. 

The new dinners we tried were the paleo stuffed sweet potatoes and the steak stir fry. (Click here if you want to see the full list again) Both were awesome and we will definitely be making them again. (One tip: don't forget to marinate your steak and at 6:30 pm realize dinner will now be around 9:00 pm....not that I know that from experience or anything.)

On Saturday night, we ended up having a double date night at our house, and since we had already made all of my planned meals, I had to add one more. My friend Kristie introduced this one to me, and I really like it and feel less guilty after eating it. 
Cauliflower Pizza  She was a lot smarter in introducing it than I am. She made the pizza, and as we were eating, she asked what we thought. Alex and I told her we really liked it, and that's when she told us it was a cauliflower pizza crust. I, on the other hand, tell people straight up "hey, I hope you like this, it's a cauliflower pizza crust." I need to stop doing that because some people are initially weirded out, but then surprised that it actually tastes good. I use a recipe that uses cheese, but I'm sure you can find one without. I do recommend using parchment paper with this one. Clean up is a lot easier. I made two pizzas and doubled the recipe for each pizza...so I guess I quadrupled it? 

This is what the end result looked like. We used turkey pepperoni for one, and red pepper and onion for the other one. Here's a tip as well: remember to buy cheese for the crust AND the pizza...we had to do a couple of store runs for this one ;). I also served it with a spinach/romaine salad (you know, just in case they hated the pizza ;)) 

I also made more of an effort to exercise and be more active. While I would love to see the quantity of workouts and mileage of runs go up, here's a quick summary of my last week of exercise:



Last week, I did 1 hour of Zumba, and the other 1.62 hours were spent running. My friend Michelle and I also do the Tracy Anderson arms video to try to tone up and focus on our arms/shoulders. :)

I am a really slow runner. When I say that, I don't mean I secretly run fast and say I'm slow to make other people feel better. I am trying to be under 12 min/mile and I did have one run that I'm excited about: 


As you can see, I am BARELY under a 12 min/mile, but I'm getting there. My other runs were slower, but it's good to remember that every run is making me stronger, and any run is better than no run. 

If you decide to try any of these recipes, let me know how they turn out and if you did anything different to make them better!

No comments:

Post a Comment