Tuesday, January 27, 2015

My Favorite Apps

Good morning!

I'm about 99% sure I have the flu, so writing a post serves as an awesome distraction for me. (Plus, if I have to get up and leave a few times, you'll never know :) ). I love reading blogs and if you haven't heard of Mama Kat, she is pretty hilarious. Each week, she hosts a writer's workshop and post different prompts to write about. (Check out this week's here)

I decided to list and write about my top ten favorite apps. I have one problem though. I don't use ten apps on my phone. I usually only play one game at a time, and even then, it is usually deleted within a month. Also, I avoid games like Candy Crush and Clash of Clans because I know my personailty. (I had to force myself to delete the Kim Kardashian Hollywood game a few months ago...that was ADDICTIVE).

So here are my favorite apps (just so you can see how practical and boring I really am):


Walk For A Dog: I LOVE this one. You can use it even if you're not walking a dog. It tracks how many miles you walk/run and then donates money to a local shelter.


Boxed: The prices are comparable to Sam's, Costco, and BJ's, but it gets delivered to our house. (And we don't have to pay any membership fees. They are pretty good about sending coupons and updates on sale items as well.

Map My Run: I like using this app to track all of my workouts. The one adjustment I had to make is the notification sound when one of my friends finishes a workout is a loud whistle and it always scares the crap out of me, so that is OFF.


Surveymini: This app tracks the stores you visit and then sends you surveys a few hours later. After you complete the survey, you earn points or free apps/drinks/etc. Once you earn enough points, you can redeem them for a gift card of your choice. (I'm holding out for a $25 gift card for either Petsmart or TJ Maxx) 


Shazam: This app has settled many disputes between my husband and I. "I'm pretty sure _______ sings this song." "No...I think it's _____." (We are usually both wrong. Thanks for keeping us humble, Shazam). 



These are the only apps I have on my phone that qualify as my "favorite" but I still frequent Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. We recently bought Chromecast as well, so that app is really handy because I can stream Netflix and Youtube from my phone to my tv. Serious life changer, especially on a sick day. Oh, I also get lost on my IMDB app pretty frequently. The movie/actor trails you can follow are amazing.

Ok, now I'm going to go read a book or something.

1 comment:

  1. You have some good apps going on there! The "boxed" app caught my attention right away. Anything to make shopping for food easier!

    My sister was just telling me how she gets on her phone, places an order with the Schwan man, and a few days later he shows up at her door with it. I want to try that one, too.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and giving me a great idea on a Random Act of Kindness. I love how your friends have put together homeless packages and have them on hand. Seems like there is an opportunity on every corner for that one. I think I'm going to do just that. I'll let you know how it goes.

    And, by the way... I love your name. That is what we named our first daughter. Even the spelling. I was going through family genealogy before she was born and came across the name and fell in love with it. I thought we were naming her after a g.... grandmother. Turns out it was a g.....grandfather! But it's perfect for her!

    ReplyDelete