Wednesday, January 7, 2015

2015 New Year Resolutions

2014 was a fun year.  I've made some awesome friends, we rescued a cute puppy, and Alex and I had a year full of games, road trips, and pillow fights.  There are a lot of things I did in 2014 that I would like to continue doing. I met with a lot of women for lunch, coffee, and just time to get together.  I forced my body to run more than a couple of times.  My desire to follow Jesus and seek Him daily was encouraged and became a top priority in my life.  With all of that said, though, I have some Resolutions for this year. There’s always room for improvement, right?

2015 RESOLUTIONS: 
(For some reason, they are listed as 11,22,33,44...I'm working on figuring out what is going on with the format)

1)      Maintain a social life while reading a book or book series.  When I enjoy a book, I will not put it down for anything. Seriously.  Alex refused to buy me the Divergent series for Christmas this year because he wanted to actually see me during the Holidays.

2) Get all the shampoo out of my hair the FIRST time I get out of the shower. I can’t be the only one who does this. After getting out of the shower, I start drying my hair and that’s when I hear the suds by my forehead. I am 5’10, so most shower heads are a little low for me, but at this point, I really have no excuse.  This happens at least once a week.  GET IT TOGETHER KELSEY.


3)  Find a cure for perpetually FREEZING hands. Seriously, as I type this I have to take small breaks to warm up my hands.

4)  Minus the flip flops my dog shredded a couple of days ago; I am making it a resolution to not lose another shoe due to dog brutality. 


Okay, so there they are- my 2015 New Years’ Resolutions. I hope your resolutions are as challenging and life changing as mine.  In all realness, I think this is a great time to reflect on 2014 and to strive to make things better for 2015, but I am personally tired of failed goals, so instead, I am just trying to make better choices instead of having goals of someone to become. 

6 comments:

  1. Me, too! I'm just striving for "better". Love the mixture of fun and serious things, most of which I totally get (except the tall-person one... I'm a short-person...), but we still sometimes have soap in our hair (or on our bodies). I believe it's the "rush" thing, although I love the shower... so why rush? I enjoyed reading your post and look forward to many more. Visiting here from Mama Kat's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all... love your name, Kelsey! That's my oldest daughter's name. Just trying to be better is huge. Keeping that simple thought in your head all year is bound to bring about some great things. Your goals are fun, light-hearted, and sensible. Thanks for making me smile!

    And, thanks for sharing your grief story on my post. Depending on the Lord for comfort, peace, love, and understanding is sometimes the only way to get through losing our loved ones. Prayers and hugs to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! LOL. The soap in the hair is funny & so it keeping your shoes out of the dogs mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are great-achievable goals. I think everybody should be as realistic. have a great 2015. Stopping by from mama kats kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your resolutions make my laugh. I love #2 and #4 in particular. I am glad you can look back on a mostly satisfying year for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm tall in the shower too and definitely have to work hard to get all that soap out! I feel ya girl! Love these goals!

    ReplyDelete