Thursday, August 14, 2014

Where Does My Hope Come From?

My heart is completely broken by the hate and mistreatment of fellow human beings. I think that we have become so desensitized to hate and hurtful acts that it unfortunately takes a huge act of injustice to evoke an emotional response.  We have become some immune to evil around us that we are astonished and appalled when great acts have been committed. We trust in fellow human beings to do the “right thing” and provide justice. Even if they do, that hate and resentment still lingers. Evil still surrounds us. Nothing is ever made fully “right.”  Prejudices are still formed and taught to our children.

To me, this can only mean one thing. Our hope can only be found in something greater. Our peace can only be restored by the One who has made every person on this planet in the image of Himself. Our forgiveness and restoration can only be found in the One who forgives and restores us from the hate and evil found inside of ourselves. 

I’m praying for those affected by the injustice in Ferguson, MO. I’m praying for those victimized by ISIS in Iraq. I’m praying that my heart will be broken to all evil, not only the kind that makes it to the news.  I’m praying that people will find comfort in the One who prevails over all evil.


John 1:4-5 “In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment